The impact of the new coronavirus disease, COVID-19, is being felt all over the world, both physically and financially. As we all heavily invest in our health and well-being, we also need to invest in preserving the health and well-being of our businesses. For large and small businesses alike, now is a time to revisit existing processes to see where we can save cash.
As supply chain professionals we often look for ways to save within the supply chain process. One way to “flatten the loss curve” during these trying economic times is to invest in a Cubiscan dimensioning system. Accurate dimensional data provides a strong base for building cost efficient and lean processes.
Investing in Cubiscan dimensioning means you can expect returns in the following areas:
1. Eliminate shipping chargebacks by declaring accurate parcel and pallet dimensions to carriers.
2. Buy less packing material (air pillows, packing peanuts, bubble pack, etc.) because you can accurately select cartons with correct product data.
3. Purchase less corrugate by using dimensions to print right-sized packaging.
4. Spend less on fuel and transportation. Accurate dimensions lead to efficiently cubing out trucks, reducing the number of trucks on the road and the amount of fuel needed.
1. Cut your labor time in dimensioning, weighing, and data entry by about 90%.
2. Eliminate data entry errors. Manual data entry leads to errors which trickle down into all other aspects of shipping, warehousing, and distribution.
1. Utilize space more efficiently. Accurate dimensions make for precise put-away and efficient storage and slotting.
2. Improved pick and pack operations.
For help understanding which dimensioning system would be best for you, visit our product page to guide you to the proper system.
Cubiscan dimensioners have helped businesses increase profitability in times of feast and in times of famine. Now more than ever, we invite you to consider investing in a Cubiscan.
Be safe, stay healthy, and reach out with any questions.
Leave A Comment